Monday, December 07, 2009

Save every five seconds...

So, today I remembered the first rule of working in 3D on a computer. You have to save everything every 5 seconds or it will crash and lose everything. Today I was modelling a character called Miyo-chan, a flying blue cat, for a future Animus short. While modelling the arm, the program randomly closed and lost all the work.

I am also planning to use the character as the main character for my first entry in the 5 second projects contest, which is entitled “Home, Sweet Home”, which I will be uploading to my site as soon as it is done. If you are interested in making animations, it would be a good idea to check them out as they offer you a brief to work on and rules to contend with and in the end you have a little of interesting little clips that you can use to make an interesting and exciting showreel, which, if you keep entering, will always have something new to look at. The website that hands out the brief is over here: http://greyscalegorilla.com/

No comments: