Saturday, April 04, 2009

48 hour film challenge - Now on

As you read this... assuming you read it soon after I post it... I will be working on the 48 hour film challenge. I have pre-written most this blog post so that it can be posted without taking up too much time while I am meant to be working on the actual film. Below is a countdown timer until our deadline for delivery on Monday


[UPDATE: The contest is now complete]


So, on to the part that couldn’t be pre-written. The details about the film. Every film made for the contest has three randomly chosen elements that are partly to add to the challenge of filming, and partly to show that the film was actually made in the 48 hour time limit. That way you cannot submit a short film you made prior to the contest. The three elements are the title of the short, a prop or action that must appear during the film, and a line of dialogue that must either be spoken or written somewhere in the film. My short is called “Status Update”, and includes the dialogue “These are the fast times, these are our fast times” and a black rucksack with a selection of credit cards three mobile phones and two differently coloured passports. Thankfully my friend from university, the very talented Jexus, agreed to write us a script and while I was travelling back from London and acquiring the props that we didn’t have.


My brother and his friend, Dave, agreed to star alongside myself in the epic short, and when I arrived back we divvied up the three roles and secured my mother and another of their friends, to be camera people and away we went. About 2 and 1/2 hours later we have primary filming done and dusted and editing is now underway. This affords me a little time to write this up as the computer captures the footage from the camera automatically. Tonight is going to be a long night... I can tell already.


Elsewhere the Two Towers spoof I am working on has finally finished editing and will be uploaded soon, sadly this weekend gets in the way but looks for it coming out to youtube, and various other video sharing web sites,some time in the next week or so, after we have our little premiere here.


In other more personal news, I have succeeded in getting a job with a video games company in Cambridge. At the moment it is only a limited term contract doing player support, but it should hopefully be easier to move on to bigger things from there. And my brother is home for the Easter holidays, which makes me very happy.

No comments: