Thursday, January 21, 2010

Filming has started again

My friends and I have started filming the new Animus shorts at the weekend and we are currently working on them more or less concurrently. Things are going well, although, after yesterday, I am starting to realise how useful it would be to be able to drive. One of my friends, who is playing Penny in the shorts, lives about 30-40 minutes walk from mine, and most of the rest of the group. Yesterday Dave and myself walked to hers, did some filming there, and back with her, did a little more filming at mine, and then walked her home, and once again walked back to ours. It was rather tiring, and it would help a lot if I had a car, or some other means of transportation with which to move both myself and the camera equipment.

My christmas present, a microphone, is awesome. If you are interested in that sort of thing, It is a Rode StereoVideoMic. I am currently in the process of making a boom for it, and hoping to do so a lot cheaper than the boom pole that Rode offer for sale. I am also planning to replace my camera equipment at some point in the not to distant future, although the major problem I am having in that respect is my current complete lack of paid work. I am aiming to replace my 6-7 year old video cameras with a HD Prosumer camera by the end of the year.

On another note, I have moved the entire back log of my blog to Blogger. I am currently planning to keep both this blog and the blog on my website in sync, although depending on the amount of time I have there might be several hours between an update on one and the same update on the other.

No comments: